June update

4 months...
We've been having fun with Mason, definitely settling into the parenting routine, enjoying watching him grow and change daily. We all just went out to the lakehouse again for Memorial Day weekend, and took our friends Joey and Whitney Bongiorno and their son, J.B.. This is a picture of the boys together...



and here we are on the boat... as always, safety first!!! Mason seemed to enjoy the ride once we got going, although as you can imagine didn't seem too comfy in his life vest :)


His newest skill is rolling over, which is great except when he does it accidentally in the middle of the night and wakes himself up. He's very strong, and enjoys his "tummy time", as you can see... got milk?

As I write this Joe has just arrived in Monterrey, Mexico, where he's gone with a group from our church on a mission trip for a week-- they'll be going to a few orphanages in Monterrey to do some construction/renovation work. Hopefully he'll bring back a little sister for Mason! Kidding, at least for now-- how anyone can handle two kids at once is still beyond me; we need a little more time to warm up to that one :)

As for me, I've gone "back to work"... I've filled in a few days at my old job for other docs on vacation, which is great for a little extra money, staying sharp on my skills as an NP, and keeping up with some of my favorite families and co-workers. I've also just started to work from home a few hours per week as a consultant and recruiter for Arbonne International, a company that specializes in botanically-based health and skin care products. This will allow me to continue to stay home with Mason, thank God, since I can't imagine leaving him every day!!! I am so blessed to have these opportunities for part-time work, a husband who works very hard to provide for us, and grandmas who are ready and willing to babysit! God is so good to us!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! What a gorgeous baby boy. Kayte and are are so happy for you guys. I think I'm getting a touch of baby-fever between Mason and Caleb Gurkin arriving this year!I'm planning on calling Joe one of these days now. Just so busy lately. We love you guys and wish you all the best.

Popular Posts