touched by dance war

Ok, I can't tell you how many times I've cried this week. Running on the treadmill, watching the "Baby Story". Two episodes. Cried each time the baby emerged all bloody and gross and beautiful. Cried while Mason screamed for 30 minutes in the car because I didn't give him the right book. Cried watching Obama talk on TV.

But the worst, most embarrassing, "touching" moment I had this week was while I watched "Dance War". I promise, I do not watch, have never watched Dance War before. But I was flipping by, and the guy with the blonde hair and rock hard abs (they kept showing them! otherwise I wouldn't have noticed!) was talking about how his family hadn't been able to come see him perform yet, and he was so sad... so of course his mom was flown out as a surprise. And he was the perfect son! He was so glad to see his mom, genuinely happy, not at all embarrassed, and said to her, "I miss your hugs!" Oh, oh, oh! Be still, my beating heart! Will Mason one day say something this sweet to me? Oh, please God!

When we found out we were pregnant with a boy, one of the first things I did was have a good cry... because boys leave. Girls hang out and come back and call their moms, but boys grow up and forget to call and get annoyed and have to be reminded by their wives to act lovingly to their moms...
But not the Dance War guy! He gives me hope! Thank you, Dance War!

Comments

Unknown said…
Amen...I had the same sentiment and even more so now w/2 boys. I don't want my mothers day cards to be picked out by my daughters-in-law! I want my boys to want to tell me forever and ever how much they love their momma! And I heard that they do but I just don't know...

BTW - with all those cries, are you sure you don't have two babies on the way???? ;)

Cheers to lots of good cries, just because!

Popular Posts