It's a big, big house...

...with lots and lots of room... (Audio Adrenaline anyone?)
Ok, our new house really isn't all that big, but compared to our 1200 sq ft Hazel house, it's gigantic, especially to a 2 year old who quickly showed me that the whole house is actually one big circle that can be traveled at full speed without stopping. Who knew?
A home is slowly emerging from the boxes, and we are loving it.

I feel so incredibly blessed. We have such a healthy, happy family, a great house, an amazing church, loving, supportive family, and friends who constantly amaze me by their generosity and willingness to serve. I've never seen such a clear picture of Jesus's servant attitude as I have this past year.
I keep asking , "why me?". Why was I born here, why do I have all these privileges and blessings when people in Africa are starving for food, love and education, when my friends here struggle with fertility and miscarriage? Why did we sell our house when no one else can? How did I end up with the best husband ever when I was a jerk to him for the first 6 months of our relationship, and frequently since then? Why do I get to stay home with my kiddos when so many hard-working single moms struggle to work and provide a home for theirs?
God's plan is inscrutable. I keep hearing echoes of the verse, "To whom much is given, much is expected". I just pray that I can use all these blessings for good. I pray that my home can be a hospitable, welcoming place. I pray that I will learn to love my husband better. I pray that God will give me the wisdom to raise two boys into men who care for and fight for people, rather than things. It seems like a huge responsibility, but isn't that ridiculous, that I somehow have found a way to turn a shower of blessings into a burden? I need to remember that God is a Father, not a scorekeeper. I wouldn't want Mason to feel indebted and guilty every time I gave him a gift, I would want him to care for it, appreciate it, and enjoy it. How much more then does our Father wish the same and more for us? May this truth be seared into my dense brain!

Comments

Shelly said…
I LOVE it... "God is a Father, not a scorekeeper". Let me say that you are an awesome steward of the blessings God has entrusted to you. She who is faithful with little can be entrusted with much...

Popular Posts