Where am I?

Where am I?!!!? Right now living with the Nadeaus, although I'm not sure where my brain is living. It feels like i am in a bubble here; it's hard to be productive when your routine is completely off kilter and all of your stuff is in boxes. At least that's what I tell myself.
We have had a lot of fun, though. We went to Flagler to take over my parents' house last weekend while they were out of town, and took our friends the Drakes. It was like being on a cruise, with plenty of sun, fun, and food, and none of that seasick-rocking during dinner. It was so relaxing!
*
Here's the boys in the pool. (Jude, Mason, Zachary on the raft... Julian and Kimberly are swimming in the background)

Here we are tkaing in the sunrise. One of the plusses of waking up at the crack of dawn is that at least it's really pretty.

Here are the daddies building their sand castle... didn't last long after the toddlers wandered over!

the castle turned into one big hole, and then 2 holes...

Here are the boys fishing... they did a great job but somehow didn't end up catching anything.

Here's Joe at the race; he won two tickets from EA and took Isaac with him.

Here are the boys loving on Haley at Bryn's house. Awwww...

We even had a baby shower, hosted by Bryn and Kimberly. It was the best baby shower ever. They got Ethiopian food for everyone to try. It was so neat for me to be able to share a little part of Ethiopia with everyone that way. And best of all, we had a short prayer time and got to pray for us, Teshale, and Teshale's Ethiopian family, which was so beautiful. I love my friends :)

So what's next? We move into our "big big house" (as Mason calls it) on Monday and Tuesday, then we'll have a month or more to get settled before we get to go to Ethiopia to pick up Teshale! He has been officially "ours" since June 30th, and his 1st birthday was on July 9th. We celebrated in his honor; Bryn brought us a present first thing in the morning and I made cupcakes for everyone. I figure the more I associate Teshale with cupcakes and other pleasant ideas the more likely Mason is to be excited about his arrival :) It was not as hard to be awy from him on his birthday as I would have expected... I have full faith that the nannies are taking really good care of him-- all the families that travel to pick up their kids rave about their wonderful, loving care.

Comments

Popular Posts