Itinerary


This means "I love you" in Amharic.

I thought I'd post our itinerary, for those of you who will be wanting to know what we'd be doing day by day :) You can check the time in Ethiopia by the clock on the blog! We can not wait!!!! I'm a little worried about leaving Mason, and how emotional that will be.... maybe I'll do better than I think. But I think once we're in Ethiopia I'll be ok... focused on getting to know Teshale and trying to take as much in as possible. I'm going to try to post updates to this blog, so you can check back if you want, although the dial-up line at the guest house probably won't allow for uploading pics (I know, we'll really be roughing it, huh? Dial-up???) Only one more day here! Crazy.
Airline Itinerary:
08/27 11:10 am ORL to ATL
2:45 pm ATL to Dulles
8:30 pm Dulles to Rome to Addis
08/28 ARRIVE IN Addis 7:05 pm
09/04 10:15 pm Addis to Rome to Dulles
09/05 11:08 am Dulles to ATL
2:40 pm ATL to ORL
ARRIVE in Orlando 4:10 PM
Thursday evening
· Arrival: Staff will greet you at the airport. You will be transported to the guesthouse and assigned your room for the week.
Friday
· Orientation
· All families will meet their child(ren) briefly after completing the orientation meeting.
· Go to guesthouse for lunch
· Go back to the care center with children in the afternoon;
· return to the guesthouse for dinner.
Saturday
· Spend the morning observing and learning your child’s routine at the care center
· Afternoon shopping
· Evening dinner show at the Crown Hotel
Sunday
· Hossana trip south all day (Rural Ethiopia)
Monday
· Spend the morning with your child at the care center; Return to guesthouse for lunch
· Afternoon spent visiting museums and city sights; Visit to AHOPE and tour CHSFS Ethiopia facilities supported thru funds from the operating budget
Tuesday
· Special going-away celebration for your child at the care center in the morning; Return to guesthouse for lunch, taking your child into care after the going away celebration.
· Staff will take you to the US embassy for your afternoon visa interview.
· Free time this evening getting to know your child and spending time with the other families and children.
Wednesday
· Spend the day with your child.
· Hair-braiding class at the guesthouse in the afternoon.
Thursday
· Ethiopian cooking class in the morning
· Leave the guesthouse for airport transfer.

Comments

Shelly said…
This is so amazing. I can't wait to meet him. Your family will continue to be in my prayers.
amykovacs said…
I will be thinking of you constantly! I'm really interested in the hair braiding class--you'll have to take notes to share with me :-). Can't wait to see you all! Lots of love!
Anonymous said…
After just tuning into your amazing blog, I'm sitting in prayer for you both right now as you have just boarded the plane in Dulles to head overseas. Wow, what an incredible journey God has laid before you! I'll be anxious to hear more as you can connect with us here in the United States. Amy Rogers
Anonymous said…
You will be landing in about 30 minutes, we are praying for you and for Teshale.
Anonymous said…
You will be landing in about 30 minutes, we are praying for you and for Teshale.
Bryn said…
You are probably at the Guest House now. I hope you're flight went smoothly. Try to get some sleep. I'll be praying for your meeting with Teshale tomorrow morning. I can't believe you are going to get to hold him. It's going to be awesome. We miss you guys! We are going to swim with Mason tomorrow morning. I'll give him a big hug for you. We love you guys!

Popular Posts