One month smarter



This is the "girlie wisdom" my sister sent to me today:
Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
I'm not sure what could be more true!!!
So, we have been a family of four for a full month now, although that's actually an odd sentence to write. It doesn't feel like we are a family of four, just a little family of three shoved into this crazy twilight zone.... which is similar to how it felt 2 and a half years ago when Joe and I suddenly had to take care of this crazy, crying, colicky little wrinkled peanut who apparently had come to stay.

I'm learning a lot about myself.

1. I am not good with change.
Even change that I have prepared for, read about, prayed for, hoped for, wished for. I like my comfort zones, especially when those comfort zones include kids who predictably take naps for nearly 2 hours every day so that I can rely on that amount of quiet time all to myself. I like quiet.
2. I like sleep.
I like it for myself, and I like it for others, especially small toddlers who bite and throw fits when they do not get enough of it. Apparently I have an unhealthy reliance on my sleep and others, bordering on near obsession, maybe even worship. I do not like this about myself.
3. There are lots of things I don't like about myself.
I am ridiculously impatient, and apparently a huge hypocrite. I can name the fruits of the Spirit, but as far as practicing patience, kindness, gentleness, self-control.... not so much.
4. God's mercies are new every morning.
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:22-24


Today we had a great day... not 100% great, I was actually a terrible mom a few times. But I'm learning how to make this all work, how to figure out routines for more than one little person, how to make everyone feel loved at the same time at least some of the time, how to relax, how to remember Who to go for for recharging, refueling, new me. After every bad choice I'm renewing and rechoosing. So that feels good, although it is crazy... everything does feel like it's constantly changing as we figure everything out. Again... just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
A few pictures:
Mason loves playdoh!!!
Apparently this is the future sad state of family photos... can no one look normal for two seconds???

Comments

Anonymous said…
Soooo Glad everyone is feeling better!! You are good with Change, You do like sleep, I like EVERYTHING about yourself and Praise the Lord that God's mercies are new every morning!

You are a pretty amazing lady! Oh by the way I am going thru Warren family withdraw......

Popular Posts