Family Day and Back to WORK!

O.
My.
Goodness.

Very busy weekend. Actually, not that busy, but my brain is very busy!!!
Sept 5th marks one year since we stepped back on American soil with Levi and thus became a family of four; for this reason it will forever be known in our family as "Family Day"; a day to celebrate us. We celebrated this Sept 5th by inviting our family and a few friends to the Ethiopian restaurant to try authentic, delicious Ethiopian food. Yum! Levi was so funny. He was tired by the time we got there, of course, and so after eating the meal he laid his head down in Joe's lap and went to sleep. Out came the cupcakes, and up came Levi's head as we sang "Happy Family Day to You!". He ate his cupcake and promptly went back to sleep on Joe's lap. Then the restaurant owners surprised us by bringing out a slice of cheesecake with a candle and singing again. Up came Levi's head just in time to blow out the candle, and then back down went his head. Joe coaxed him back up for a bit of cheesecake (who can miss out on Joe's favorite dessert? Apparently not his son!). With this second dessert the sugar hit his bloodstream and he was back to being the crazy, loud, goofy Levi we know and love so well.


And now my brain is onto tomorrow... I go to work tomorrow!!! No more bonbons on the couch while the maid cleans the toilets :( No, for real, I am in mourning, it is a changing of seasons, and we all know I don't like change. I do think this is good, I will be a Nurse Practitioner two days a week, I will use my brain for more knowledge than just which Backyardigans character is what color, and who likes their sandwiches without crusts and who will eat anything put in front of them as long as it is slathered in peanut butter (I will let you guess about that one). So you can pray for me, that my brain will work, that old knowledge will come rushing back, that new knowledge will fit nicely in my overstuffed brain.












This last picture is of Mason, with his drawing of a dinosaur (I'm pretty sure it's a Plachioslakobiteyourbrotherosaurus), and his first-ever attempt at writing his name. Joe would like to point out that it does not say "Moron". It is MASON. That's his name.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How wonderful, I have caught up on a whole year of your family life in 15 minutes. You are a beautiful family. Levi and Mason look so happy. And Joe and Leah are not hard on the eyes either. Much love to all of you, Tom and Deborah Cook

Popular Posts