So Long Insecurity

So yesterday I went to Barnes and Noble to read part of Beth Moore's new book during the hour before I had to pick the boys up from school. I was embarrassed to ask the guy working there for the book, "So Long Insecurity", so I said the title real fast... it just sounds like one of those fluffy puffy self-help books that I've avoided for so long, thinking that I am way above the need for such mumbo-jumbo (maybe my avoidance of such books has something to do with where my brain is now, but I get ahead of myself...).
Chapter 2 had some interesting definitions of insecurity. A few sounded very close to home... ok, a perfect picture of who I am on most days.
As I left the store, I looked down to see my light-colored socks peeking out of the pants that have shrunk a bit too short in the dryer, and I thought to myself, "Man, you are such a dork. You are so frumpy. You try to look good and you still can't do it."
I really had to laugh as I realized what and how I was thinking. I think I'll keep reading.

Comments

Popular Posts