This morning's wisdom

I have made a recent commitment to regular quiet times in the morning (again), and it's been going so well. The best part is that my body has adjusted easily, so that I am fully awake and ready to get up each morning. Stayed up late last night watching Olympic figure skating and so thought I might not be able to get up this morning, but nope, God woke me up at 5:51, brain fully awake, let's do this thing! So that is a blessing, not to have to struggle out of bed.

Today wisdom:
Isaiah 30:15 "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength."

My salvation is not in doing, completing, checking off a list. My salvation is being, trusting, believing.
My strength is not in talking, explaining, learning. My strength is in being quiet, trusting, listening.
I have not been feeling particularly strong lately; maybe more quiet is needed.

Comments

Popular Posts