Funny Sayings

Joe and I still laugh about this one...
A few weeks ago Mason came to me and said, "Mama, I know you're a doctor, but will you cut this string for me?" As if he thought that what he was asking was really beneath me, but would I please stoop to perform this menial task just this once?
He pulled this on Joe, too... "Daddy, I know you're an artist, but..."

Mason has decided he wants to be an artist like Daddy. This morning we were talking about the kids we sponsor in Indonesia and Thailand through Compassion International, and how some kids don't have enough money to go to school because their parents can't find a good job. Mason replied, "Well, me and Daddy, we have good jobs, 'cause we're artists, and we make football games and sculptures, and that's a good job." Yes, yes it is.

The other day Mason climbed into bed with me in the morning, snuggled up, and told me about his dream. "I was little teeny tiny, and a ladybug picked me up and helped me fly." Another time he told me about a dream where, "You, mommy, were flying (an airplane I assume) and daddy was sitting beside you and we bumped and Levi and I fell because we weren't wearing our seatbelts." I love hearing about his dreams, and I'm a little jealous of all the flying dreams!

Today, I was helping Mason clean up his room, and as I was attempting to help him open something he said, "I'll do the hard work, because I'm a man." Not sure how I feel about that in entirety but I do want to raise a man who will work hard, like my own man!!!

Unfortunately, Mason has decided to change his name to "Flash and Rocco". It was just plain Rocco for a couple of weeks after he saw a boy at school with that name, but now he's tacked Flash on too after learning about the super-fast superhero. It was cute at first, but now it's pretty annoying when he gets angry at me for calling him the name I so carefully picked out for him.

OK, lots of Mason stories I know. Levi's language is progressing, although it's hard to get him to talk about anything but Lightning McQueen, 'Mater, the King, and "Chigga". I will be excited for the Cars phase to be over, although it is cute how excited he gets about these cars. He's also in a very manly phase. We saw a giant on a cartoon today, and he was all excited, telling me, "I get sword, and hit that giant." No, Levi, we don't hit. "Dolphin come, and eat that giant, and I fight him." I just had to laugh. Such a boy.

Working on our Blurb family photo book today, and decided some of these pictures just really needed to be shared...

Comments

Lindsey said…
Yaaaayyyy!!! You blogged!! Loved it! So, in the future can you please give me a head's up when Mason's name changes...I've been calling him Mason for weeks now! Sheesh!
shauna said…
Iain still isn't out of the "Cars" phase. Now, I hope he doesn't. We have invested too much money/toys in it. :-)
nLk said…
they are so adorable leah! i love hearing the way little minds think. hope yall are doing well!
Bryn said…
LOVE those boys! Give them big hugs for me ;)

Popular Posts