Palm Sunday, Baptism, and Glasses in Heaven

This morning was Palm Sunday. It was a great service, and my god-daughter Alexis Nadeau got baptized. (Proud just to say MY god-daughter, so I'll write it again). At the end of the service, they had some of the kids, from the Pre-K and K classes, walk through the church waving little palm branches. It wasn't even my boys, but it really hit me, and I could barely sing through the tears of gratitude... gratitude that we are part of a church that loves, serves, and worships God and is teaching our children to do the same. So thankful.
After church we celebrated at the Nadeaus, although Alexis slept through her party so she's not in any of the pictures below...



Tonight, Mason was asking about my glasses, and why I had to wear them. I told him that's just how God had made me, that when I was about 10 my eyes stopped working perfectly and I needed glasses to help me see.
He took that in stride and replied, "Well, in heaven you won't need to wear them anymore."
"That's exactly right, Mason! In heaven we get a new, perfect body."
Somehow we transitioned to talking about sunglasses, and he said, "Well, we'll need sunglasses in heaven, for when we want to look at the sun. So we should hold them in our hands when we die so we can take them to heaven with us."
Hmmm.
"Well, maybe God will give us sunglasses to wear in heaven, a new pair so we don't have to bring our own. Or maybe He will teach us how to make them."
Really, I have never thought about whether or not we'll need sunglasses in heaven, but I love to have these discussions with him, 'cause who knows?

Comments

Popular Posts