cuzzin talk

I got to talk to my cousin out in California today, and it was such a blessing, I'm in such a good mood. I don't always feel this way after talking to him, or other singles who are out there making great sacrifices and doing great things for God. Sometimes I leave the conversation feeling inadequate, like God can't use my life, as filled up as it is with toddlers and diapers and preschool and swim lessons and shopping at Publix and cleaning the toilet (I did think it was pretty funny that during our conversation I had to go in and wipe Mason's poopy bum... ultimate multi-tasking!).

But today I realize that though God uses our lives in much different ways, God can use me and will use me if I let Him. I've been blessed by a few things lately... a thank-you note from my mom and aunts after completing a bible study together, evidence that Grace Medical Home is moving forward and filling a gap that needs to be filled in Orlando, and... best of all, evidence that sometimes my children really do listen, and that they are learning and coming to know who God is. The other night, instead of Mason's typical prayer, "Thank you God for mommy and daddy and leviandpaytonandjordanand baby and lightningmcqueenandspidermanAmen"... instead, he asked God to help him love his brother better and be nicer to Levi. What a sweet, honest prayer, how could God not honor that beautiful, trusting prayer from the heart of my little Mason?

So I am thankful today. I am His.

Here are some of my little blessings, enjoying Universal Studios:

and my first love note from Mason:

Comments

Drake Family said…
Love this, Love your heart and Love your wisdom!
Bryn said…
You are amazing and I love you! You post made me smile and thank God that we get to be friends :)
Mommie said…
Leah, priceless pics!!!! no wonder Mason prays for Spiderman! He is a wonder!! So glad your and Austin could talk amidst your "duties". I know how much he loves you and he needs all of our encouragement right now! What a wonderful weekend with Beth and the girls!!! Love you so much for getting us moving!!! love
jojo

Popular Posts