Space, please

From this great blog: www.incourage.me/2010/06/chasing-space.html

I dream about having lots of space. I dream about heaven. I dream of escape.

And in all of that dreaming, I find myself beginning to worship space. I try to imagine having it and chase after it and all the while it seems to become more and more illusive.

Life is messy and fluid and maddeningly unpredictable. My husband is a youth pastor and I lead a small group of girls and I have three young children and my house gathers dust and the PTA sends me email and my clothes start to stink and I have to meet that deadline. And so do you.

And so in my quest to experience space for my soul, to pin it down and plan for it, I'm hearing a voice reminding me that it isn't simply space I want. It is a safe place, a haven, a resting place. It is calmness and strength and understanding that I seek. I want to be known fully, loved wholly, accepted unconditionally. That is really what I want.

For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory.
Psalm 32:7

Comments

Popular Posts