circus

balm to my soul:
http://www.sortacrunchy.net/sortacrunchy/2010/10/like-mother-like-daughter.html

specifically "Lost in an array of options, I do nothing. Or sometimes I don't think enough at all. I leave the house with My List and fasten earmuffs of indifference over my ears. I can't be interupted. Not today.
So I guess we're working out how this looks together, my little family and I. Our preacher made the statement yesterday that if we as the Body of Christ were fixated on serving others, lives would be radically changed. I've been fixated on far lesser causes, that's for sure.
Tightrope balance and spinning plates."

For me, sharp intake of breath when I read that last line. Joe will know why. I have been stressing to him about my own spinning plates.
I am trying to peel my tightly clenched fingers from that thin pole that keeps those plates spinning, trying not to worry about who might be looking when they hear the crash. Knowing that pit-in-stomach feeling CAN'T be God, so where is He?, and how can I expect to know when I have made no time to seek?
It is SO SIMPLE: "seek, and you will find."
Not so simple: making space for the seeking.

Comments

Emily said…
I hear what you're saying, Leah. I understand the overwhelming-ness of this life too well sometimes, especially with little ones tugging on us all day long. God is so gracious, so patient with us. Consider yourself prayed for, friend ;)

Popular Posts