cRaZylove

I have two strong-willed children who absolutely drive me CRAZY about every other minute, so this was a refreshing post to read. Be thankful for those strong wills, be inspired by those strong wills.
BUT, while they drive me crazy, I love them like crazy, and this is something I discover and remember in different ways every day. I am reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, a poetic lesson on finding God's grace and giving thanks for it in every moment nomatterwhat no matter what no. matter. what. Thank you God.
I am not organized yet to have a writing implement and journal with me at every moment to record the gifts, but I am learning to recognize them as we go.
Blue sky with a rain shower.
Deep belly laughs.
A 5-year-old who still wants to hold my hand.
Pants on forwards.
Mommy-helper day.
...and they go on and on, the gifts showered down by a God just waiting to give more and more. Enjoying and recognizing the gifts is sometimes the biggest gift in itself.

I am so proud of my boys... all three are gowing and changing so quickly!
Some updates and quips...

MASON
melted my heart the other night when he looked over my shoulder at the weather predictions online (clear sky, full moon) and determined, "Looks like it's going to be a moony night". Oh how I love moony nights!
He still holds my hand when we walk, and wants to cuddle more than ever lately. I can feel the clock ticking on these moments so I gobble while I can.
Reading is CLICKING... so amazing to see his brain making those connections, he will try to sound out almost any word and often is successful at determining the word... that's pretty much reading, right? So exciting for a momma-bookworm.
More than ever I see him taking care of Levi, helping him do things that are hard for him, and of course in first-sib style directing him in proper behavior :)
He loves riding his bike, especially now that he has his new 5-year-old bike, and I can see the confidence this gives him. He is tough when he's on his bike, which means even when he totally busts on the sidewalk there are no tears.
He has such a sweet heart towards Micah, loves to get right in his face and give him robust hugs and kisses!

LEVI
made me super sad the other night when he learned how to say helicopter. The night before he and Mason had an argument: "Hockidocker!" "No, helicopter!" "No, hockidocker!" The next night they were playing with Legos and he picked up the helicopter and called it by name, and immediately looked up in amazment, put it down and ran to me with arms raised up high, a champion helicopter-pronouncer! Oh, I miss hockidocker already!
He is so thankful, especially when we teach him something new; he almost always responds with a "thank you for teaching me that" out of complete humility that just touches my heart. He works hard to learn and is so proud of his successes.
Lives to play football. The boys have started these pretend football games, where there is more commentating and fake-passing than anything else, which totally cracks me up, but they are in their pretend play world and loving it. I love pretend play world!
At fist he kinda ignored Micah, but now he is getting excited to see him grow and learn. He is trying to teach Micah how to say "Mama". I'm ok with that :)

MICAH
is our sweet, quiet, smiley listener. He has finally developed a little attitude, mostly revolved around food, like when momma walks by without offering some food which he evidently feels should have been offered, like, yesterday. He likes to be held and talked to more than play on his own but in general he is an easy, easygoing baby. We even took him to dinner the other night, the only baby with 5 couples, and he was perfect the whole time, not a peep, just as long as I kept the Cheerios comin'. We laugh that if he had come first we would've been duped into thinking that we had this parenting thing down pat, easy-schmeesy!
I vascillate between being sad that he is growing up an excited that he is reaching new milestones. I try to grab onto and appreciate each moment with him, thinking he very well may be our last baby, the last baby I get to nurse and rock and watch learn how to walk and talk... sniff, sniff :)

Joe and I are so, triple blessed. A year ago I was not excited to be a momma to three boys but now I can honestly say that I would NOT change it for the world. Girls, schmirls, we've got action and adventure. And, yeah, a lot of times that means I need a nap or a quiet moment to refresh but I love these crazy boys like crazy :)

Comments

I just finished One Thousand Gifts! What a transforming, insightful book! I can't stop being grateful that she wrote it. Wish we lived closer!
Lindsey said…
Um...that post makes me so, so happy. I miss those boys!!!
Lolo said…
I so enjoyed reading this blog today! I loved it and love those three boys so much!

Popular Posts