heaven in a wake-up time dream

Mason likes to talk about Heaven. A lot. We always have the best conversations in the car; maybe that's why God allowed us to move so far out of town, so ensure that I'd sit down and listen to my children at least a few times a day.

This was today's conversation...
M--"I'm so excited! I can't wait, I can't wait! Mommy, I'm having a wake-up time dream about Heaven and I can't wait, it is going to be so great, I'll have super-hero powers to fly and it'll be the best! It'll be better than going to grandma's house, better than the Keys! It will just be the BEST! Mommy, when is Jesus coming back? Will it be soon?"
"I don't know, Mase, it could be any day, or He might wait until after you go to Heaven, you just never know so He wants us to be ready."
Then he starts singing over and over again, "I can't wait, to go to Heaven, I can't wait, to go to Heaven..."

Oh, this is such a hard conversation for me to have; part of me is so glad that he gets it, that he understands the basic fact that Heaven comes next and that it's way better than this life (whether or not his flying wishes do or do not come true!). But at the same time I'm praying, "Oh, God, not yet", thinking about Ava, always. Which tells me that on some level I don't get it. If heaven is better, the best that there is, in the presence of God, Perfection and Love Incarnate, no tears, no pain... why wouldn't I want him to go on ahead and get there? In my finite mind I grasp at him, not wanting him to grow, to change, to leave, to move on.
What a morbid post, I know, after a long absence. Sorry. But I do love hearing his heart and if I don't record it here then it never gets recorded. More than anything I am just glad that my boys love God and have Hope for eternity. Is there anything else more important?

Comments

Kimberly said…
nothing else is more important. When we read about how their are different sizes of wings and that everyone can fly except for Jesus (he just goes up and down) my boys got quite excited!
Emily said…
Oh, friend. I hear your heart. Have wrestled these thoughts many times myself. God is so much bigger than we could ever imagine. And what a blessing to watch your kids get to know Him and trust Him with such an amazing faith. May He increase our faith through their little eyes!

Popular Posts