stitching together the pieces

I was having a lot of trouble posting to blogger, so I started a new blog, but then got an update to this blog, so I think I'll stay here a little while longer. Anyways, here's what you missed... not much!!! I think I may catch up to my own life soon. August was crazy, we were away from our house more often than not, and my head is still spinning.

playing catch up

Where have you been? Chasing three boys :) Doing laundry. Fixing snacks.
What are they up to? Oh, little Micah-man started walking tonight, finally venturing out to take more than a few lunging steps. Mason met his Kindergarten teacher and Levi conquered his fears and sat down with an old friend around a Pre-K sticker-fest. You know, a little of this, a little of that.
:) Tell me more about them!
Well, ok!
Micah: first word, “Uh-oh”, around 10 months. First Birthday, didn’t like that chocolate frosting, more a fan of the whole wheat cupcakes. Kid can eat! Starting to throw some temper tantrums… don’t take away his toothbrush! He’ll be able to hold his own. Brothers know when he’s had enough, I think they may even be a little intimidated once in a while!

no time to be all things to all



ok, so i can’t even finish a single post. This does not bode well for the future of this blog! But at least now there is a space any words that do make it up… sigh… perfectionism will have to fall by the wayside.

We just got back from Austin’s wedding in Colorado. So beautiful, a good family time! Still trying to catch up to “real life”.

Micah is walking. It melts my heart to see him walk into a room, arms raised, all jerky, so proud of himself. I am not getting much done as I keep stopping to watch him.

Mason is exploring love. He has been “in love” with three girls in the past 48 hours. Where does this come from? I try not to feed into it too much with too many questions and certainly no teasing… too soon to get all caught up in that! But I do have to admit it’s cute to see his eyes opened in appreciation of the gentler gender :) So please, if you see him, don’t bring it up!!! :)

Levi has been home for three years as of TODAY. Happy Family Day! In celebration we are going to Tijuana Flats and then for ice cream! Simple pleasures. He is riding a big-boy bike with pedals. He had a nasty fall, left most of the skin from his left elbow in the neighbor’s driveway, and I was sure that’s be it for the pedal bike. But, no, the next day he was back out there, focused (!), driven, back and forth on that bike until he had it down! It is so good to see him find what he is good at and muscling through the hard stuff.

Both boys are loving school. I am loving the short moments of quiet that their school mornings bring, and looking forward to settling into a routine again. Those are my simple pleasures.
I am thinking a lot about not trying to “be all things to all people”. There are a few things I am called to be. Daughter of the King. Wife. Mother. Daughter, sister, friend. Everything else falls into a lesser category. Just working out where it all fits in. Apparently this year I am also called to be Pre-K Home Room mom and Kindergarten Gardening co-mom. We just put in the garden this morning over at Northland. (So fun! I like this role a lot!)

Comments

Kimberly said…
Love these pictures and your words. Enjoy this time.

Popular Posts