totally bragging

You have been warned. I am totally about to brag. If that bugs you sign off now :)

Ok, then here we go!

Mason: when I picked him up from Base Camp (Sunday School) the young man who is his leader said, "We really love Mason. He is always so respectful and ready to help out whenever I need a helper. He's a great kid." Yes, yes, yes!!!!
The father of one of his school friends mentioned to me after school the other day that he thinks Mason is having a positive influence on his daughter, that he chooses to play less roughly than do some of the other boys and makes an impact on the playground.


Levi: Mrs. Large his wonderful PreK teacher told me that Levi chose not to get involved last week when other friends were acting really crazy during circle time at school, that he told them it was "not funny" and sat still. (!!!!)


Really, I don't want to brag for bragging's sake, but because if I boast I boast in no one other than my God. When I have been tempted to give up, tired of repeating ad naseum, tired of hearing my own voice... His promises are true. Train up a child and when he is old(er) he will not depart from it. Talk about these truths continually. Apparently it makes a difference and they actually ARE listening. I am just praising God and so encouraged that He is getting us through this season and giving me glances of hope. I think these boys might not actually grow up to be complete houligans. My prayer for them is that they love God and do His will always, nothing more! And that I can rest in accepting whatever that looks like and calmly, lovingly take them on that journey.

They are such sweet boys. When I was putting them to bed tonight I gave Levi a big hug and rocked him, singing "Rock-A-By-Baby" to him. He leaned in close and I wondered how long it had been since I had sung that song to him. Then Mason came close and asked me if I would do that to him, too. Of course! I am trying to soak up these moments and record them here, so that when they are teenagers (or next week) and they can't stand me, I'll have this bank of sweet memories to return to.

Comments

Amy Kovacs said…
What great comments! I can only imagine how your heart filled with joy when you heard those wonderful things. Something tells me it will not be the last time you get such amazing things said about your children. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. My girls are going crazy! I think I know what it must be like to have two rambunctious little boys. I am going to have to call you soon for tips. Sigh. Love you!
Emily said…
Such sweet moments! I can so relate. Those glimmers of hope through somewhat monotonous days of discipline (it seems) are what keep us going. He is so gracious!
Anonymous said…
Cool glasses! John Stanton
Anonymous said…
Cool glasses! John Stanton

Popular Posts