big benefits

We've got two weeks of school under our belts and there have certainly been blessings. For those who don't know, we get to be part of an awesome school called Circle Christian School, where the boys go to classes two days per week and we work at home three days (or more). It really is the best of both worlds as far as our family is concerned... the boys get to go to school and build friendships, and do some cooperative learning and dicovering. Home is where our core work is fleshed out, especially math and language arts. And of course, the most important, character building :) The hardest, most important subject at this age! Right now we are working on putting others first. I haven't quite got this down yet for myself but we're trying to instill it early in the boys! Here are some things that I have loved...

 
Mason practices reading, Micah benefits...
a wise friend once reminded me that we can't be best friends with someone we don't spend a lot of time with, and I really want my boys to grow up to be close friends, so time like this makes me very happy :)


Brothers very excited to wear their school uniforms and go to school!!

 
Big brother helping little brother...
We took a long nature walk looking for evidence of God's creation...


The boys loved making collages of their findings!

 
Creating a popsicle stick bomb to show evidence of the Butterfly Effect... every action we take affects others... lots of little actions can add up to a big effect!
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
My thoughts exactly, Mojeez!! THAT WAS AWESOME! You must teach JB and Noah how to do that : ) Nice work boys! xoxo Aunt Whitney
Mason's right! Awesome! I love your school situation! What a terrific blend. I tell ya, you're livin' the dream Leah! :)

Popular Posts