To melt a mom's heart

...there are two things especially today.

Micah stops by our penta bushes regularly to grab fists full of flowers, tiny little pink and white stars bunched in his less-chubby-every-day hands, presented proudly from my little prince. I am even allowed a kiss on the cheek after he bestows his treasure. Kisses are not always given freely, the prince having many important things to do.

The prince also apparently has a bit of a compliant bent (only at times, never fear, there is a backbone of steel too!)... I had to ask myself today, though, is this what it feels like to have a compliant child? When told he couldn't have the cracker he had dropped, I was driving and couldn't/wouldn't reach for it, he replied, "OK, Mommy".

OK, Mommy???

What are these melodious words? Where is the arguing, complaining, bargaining, wheedling, pleading, discussing? Oh, sweet music to my ears! Thank you, Jesus, for OK Mommy! 

Comments

Popular Posts