Out of the overflow

I have so very much to be thankful for!

I just came back from Created for Care, a retreat for adoptive moms. So, so good, to be refreshed and reminded of God's heart for me, for my marriage, for my children. The little things fade away with a bit of perspective, and at beautiful Lake Lanier we got hours and hours of intentional, worshipful perspective. An eight hour car ride to and from with my dear friend Lindsey and my new friend Kristin, filled with non-stop soul-searching, encouraging, and story-telling, helped us process all that God was showing us. My spirit is refreshed and my heart is renewed to love and serve my God and my family!

Have I told you how very much I love my family?

First of all lets give some props to Joe. I left for three full days. He had three boys to take care of from sun-up (or probably before in Levi's case) to after sun-down. He took them out to breakfast for chocolate chip pancakes, to the Science Center, to their soccer games, to his grandma's house to help her clear out her attic, to church (on time and with all 6 shoes on!), and to our friends' house for a playdate. They got all their meals (the pizzas and hot dogs are missing from the freezer, and Micah happily reported that they got to eat pizza TWO times in ONE day... but the lettuce is also gone so that's awesome), at least one shower each (daily showers are not always a given in our house), and a load of laundry was finishing up when I got home. Not to mention no broken bones or even any blood that's been reported to me! And the best part?  He did not complain one time. He sent encouraging, loving texts, and pictures of what they were doing. Amazing man! Thank you, Joe, I love you!
Apparently he doesn't need me all that bad so I'm taking off on another retreat sometime soon... ;)

I have to share some recent pics that just make my heart smile.
Here's some from my mom's birthday... Tuggie with each of her grandsons and the cards they made for her. They each made a card and wrapped up an old toy from their room a gift. Tuggie will surely enjoy playing with her wind-up toy, looking at her robot, and using her homemade pot holder!



 
This is a picture of Mason writing a letter to Loufguens, our sponsored child in Haiti. We sponsor through COTN because we love their holistic vision for raising and equipping a godly generation to be self-sufficient leaders in their home countries. We picked Haiti because it's close enough for us all to visit, and Loufguens because he is 6 and loves soccer. Mason is drawing a picture of he and Loufguens playing soccer; "I'm letting him win, Mommy". How very kind ;)
 
This picture just makes me happy because it's silly sweet Levi, with his little crookedy glasses. He was so proud of himself because we had just finished a phonics lesson which took 5 times as long as usual because he decided to be artistic, just like his Daddy, and decorate every little section of his work in full color with whole stories to go along with the pictures. Levi is never lacking in imagination, and there are usually explosive sound effects to go along with it :)


Comments

Popular Posts