poetry and boys

We are doing a unit at Circle on poetry, which I love. I used to sit in my room as a little girl, hide in my closet, and write tragic, romantic, dramatic poems about all of my troubles ;) So poetry has always had a special place in my heart. But after the 19th century, how do boys and poetry mix? Well, apparently you just let them write about what they love. So this is what we get...
 
 
Mason told me excitedly about his dragon with rows and rows of razor sharp teeth rotating like a pencil sharpener. Lovely :)
 
 

And Levi writes of his second best love, all things FOOD. I'm dedicating this one to his future wife ;) Joe and I got a really good laugh out of this one. Because it's just SO LEVI. The illustration, by the way, depicts Levi, with dreads, eating chicken legs and corn. Next to him is... Levi, eating his second helping of chicken legs and corn with ice cream. Finally we see him laying in his bed, full belly, watching TV.
Dear Future Daughter In Law, cook chicken legs.
Love, Mom

Comments

Amy Kovacs said…
I love this SO SO SO much! I can tell you have such a wonderful time teaching and learning with the boys.

Popular Posts