Connection

A few weeks ago I held Levi in my arms while he cried and cried, missing his Africa mommy and daddy. I don't ever feel like I can share very much in these situations because I so strongly believe his story is his own, but I can tell you that it is a profound, beautiful, painful moment to hold your child while they long for their first parents. All I knew to tell him was how glad I was that he was able to tell me what he was feeling, and I hope and pray that he will always be able to do so, no matter what.  I love that he thinks about and feels deeply for his first parents, and that I have the privilege of entering into that with him.
Tonight, at dinner, the boys were tossing around names for Baby Sister again. Micah liked Smoothie. Mason voted for Kayla. Levi wants her to have his birthmom's name.

42. The beauty of that moment, a moment of connection; two females who are loved deeply by this sweet, sweet boy.

*nope, this is not Baby Sister. This is Levi, age 1 :)

Comments

Popular Posts