Blessings 92 and 93

I have all of these new friends who are so very dear to my heart, friends that I have prayed for and that have prayed for me through this crazy adoption journey. Some of them I might not even recognize if we passed each other on the street since they are my friends through Facebook or emails but they are still so very special in our family's story. One of them was in Ethiopia last week visiting her new son and sent back lots of pictures and a great report that really set our minds at ease.

I'm not going to lie-- it is so, so hard to know that your child is half a world away and you have no influence over their days, their safety, nothing. My prayer every day has been that littlest M would be covered in God's love, loved and hugged on, made to feel precious, and of course that she would stay healthy and have plenty of food.

So we got this report: "Her nanny just loves her to death...Your prayers are working!! I couldn't help but kiss her, she is so cuddly and loveable she's a great baby!! I couldn't stop kissing her, she is so lovable!!  The nannies take such good care of the kids, and the nannies have 15 min from when the babies wake up to get them out of the crib and they change their diapers and they play on the floor. They have a lot of toys and they are never left in their cribs unless they are sleeping! She is one of the favorites the nanny kept telling me...Ha!"

So I'd consider that an answer to prayer in a very specific way. Her pictures also show that she is chunking up nicely, so we know she is getting plenty of food ;)
So as far as numbering blessings that is a very big 92!


Also, this is the first time we've seen her smile since December. So that's a huge 93! Crookedly toothy baby smiles. Yes, yes, yes!

Comments

Popular Posts