BUT GOD...

After these past looooooong months of praying, hoping, waiting, crying, and more praying....

After calling senators and immigration workers and agency representatives and then finally an amazing lawyer who called on our behalf and helped move the government out of their apathy...

After all of that...

On May 8th we got the letter in the mail from US immigration clearing us to move forward with the adoption, and... we got a court date!
On June 9th we will officially have a daughter, and a few weeks later we will be able to bring her home to her three crazy-excited brothers!

This has been a long rollercoaster ride, but God has been our stability.
There were times when I did not have the strength to keep hoping, but God provided strength.
There were days I felt alone and crazy for continuing to hope, but God provided friends and family to pray with and for us and to reach out and let us know we weren't alone.
There were so many times when I wondered if we were putting our hopes in the wrong places, but God is the source and provider of all hope.
There were so many days when I thought this little hope-girl was lost to us forever, but God seeks the lost and sets the lonely in families.
There were times when, in frustration and weariness, I just lost it, but God is quick to forgive and His mercies are new EVERY morning.
There were moments when I had to hide and cry in the bathroom, but God counts every tear.

And that's just my little story.
I don't know hers yet.
I don't know about the tears she has shed, the fears she has developed, the hurts she has borne. But God knows.
I can't wait until He begins to knit our hearts together, in person. I've stared at her pictures for hours but the paper doesn't hold skin-warmth and I don't know how much you can love someone you only know in pictures.

So, as we near the end of this long introduction, I'm so excited for what is coming, and so very very thankful for a God who erases a period and plops in a big fat comma, followed by BUT GOD....

Comments

Popular Posts