Leavin'...on a jet plane

Can't wait can't wait can't wait! August 28 28 28. Ok, that's either a poem or the inner craziness of my mind (pick B for an A+). I am so excited that my mind is chanting these words over and over, like a kid on his first trip to Disney World. Teshale is so much cuter than Mickey Mouse.

So, we received our travel date, which means we need to arrive in Ethiopia on August 28th and are free to leave with Teshale in arms on Sept. 4th. We'll leave Orlando on the 27th, return on the 5th. Things get confusing when you have 30 or so hours of traveling to do, one-way.

Crazy, this just occured to me, we are returning to the States one year to the day that we were officially put on the waiting list to adopt. Wooooo...

So. Four weeks. To finish unpacking (need some shelves). Clean the house (scrubbed baseboards with a toothbrush today-- 3 hours for one room and one bathroom). Buy things (antidiarreah pills, check. Scabies medication, check). Pack things (where exactly is...). Unpack and reorganize things. Repack. Make lists (I need to make a list of the lists I'll need to make.) Have fun yet meaningful time with Mason as his last hurrah as the "only". Make lists and instructions for the grandparents (keep my kid alive and if possible don't let him eat things off the floor in public places). And the list goes on and on...

But all of it brings me one step closer to my Teshale!!! Ok, our Teshale :)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, very interesting, Obama on the CHSFS website...
http://www.chsfsethiopia.org/Our_%20stories_%20full_Obama.htm

Comments

Popular Posts