First Meeting!

Big day today, we finally got to meet our Teshale, and it went so much better than we could've expected.

He was definitely apprehensive at first-- probably doesn't help that cameramen are following us around but hopefully he'll appreciate that later.

He'd look at us, then turn his head and look sideways out of the corner of his eyes, and then wouldn't look at all. He loves his nanny Birhane and checks in with her often, but she has been really good about helping him come back to us, giving us appealing toys or whatever.

We held him for a long time this morning, and he was shell-shocked and tired, so it was mostly quiet holding time. He moans to himself when he's sleepy just like Mason :)

After lunch and touring the CHSFS offices this afternoon we got about 45 min more with him. We mostly played; we had brought Mason's old favorite musical turtle which he enjoyed. He crawls like a roadrunner and loves to walk holding your hands but doesn't sit still very long. Sound familiar?!?

He's trying to figure Joe out; Joe got him to relax for a little in his arms but then as he got tired he reached for me and put his arms around me, moaning and rubbing his eyes.

Bliss.

He was even sad and cried when we left the second time which is awful and wonderful. I think his nanny is excited about that; she made sure we knew he was sad we were leaving and brought him to the window as we were walking to the bus but he was crying and wouldn't look down till we called to him "Teshu" (his nickname) and then he quieted and looked after us.

I'm rambling i know but thanks for reading, we are so happy and having a great experience!
We get to see his life video tomorrow, that will be very emotional.

Love to you all!!!!!!!!!
Leah

Comments

Anonymous said…
Teshu that is so sweet! Thank you Thank you for sharing...We are praying for you. We get to see Mason tonight, I'm thinking I need some more of his yummy pizza!
Bryn said…
Joy! I can hear in your words how amazing this all is. I'm so excited for you. I spent the morning with Mason and he is doing great. He even said "Teshale, my baby brother" when Lori and I were talking about your meeting Teshale this morning. I chatted with your Mom too. She is so excited. We all can't wait to see you. Thanks for the updates, they are awesome.
Shelly said…
This whole story is making me cry! I love it!
Anonymous said…
We got at about noon today from Tuggie to make sure to read your blog...that you had met Teshale!
We have, and we are soooo excited about meeting him ourselves. What a blessing and gift that your 1st day with Teshu went beautifully.
Can't wait to hear more...
Love, Papa Joe and Lolo
Anonymous said…
thought I would check your website to see if you had a chance to write-- what great news! It will be amazing in the future for him to read what you wrote about the first day you met. hope to catch up soon.

Popular Posts