Victory and a Five Year Old!!!

Loving the Bible study we are doing now on the life of David. Today I needed to hear that I can be-- I AM, through His power and anointing-- victorious! I don't have to fight the battle, I've won the battle. This is such a good reminder for me to hear when I start to feel like every day is an uphill battle and the outcome is uncertain. Even though my battle is seemingly inconsequential or completely unglamorous-- fighting againt the strong wills of two active and growing sons, against the never-ending piles of laundry and dishes, against the loneliness of a day spent at home without adult conversation, against the tedium of preparing one more meal, against the frustration and the anxiety and the fatigue... I don't have to fight, I don't have to push. God has assured the victory and given me peace through His Son. Ah, peace. Bring it on.

2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. (May the way I live my life be a sweet aroma to Him, bringing knowledge of Him to my family!)

1 Corinthians 15:57-58 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord. (yes!)

Aunt Cassie, this picture's for you!

For anyone who wanted to see the Rocket Ship cake, woo-hoo!

I really cannot believe we have a five-year-old. We are so blessed to have you in our lives, Mason, and we thank God for you! We are excited for what this year will bring-- learning to read, riding your new big-boy bike, and who knows what else may be just around the corner?!? I love seeing you learn and discover, and appreciate the helpful, caring boy you are turning out to be. Lately I have noticed you initiating activities and helping me out without being asked, which is so cool to see! I love how you love your brothers, and give me sweet five-year-old kisses, and still like to sit in my lap and hold my hand and have me be your mommy-helper at school! I am trying to savor each of these moments since I know you may not always feel this way :) Right now you love puzzles, mazes, and collecting and working with small shiny things, so I'm excited to see what that means you may be interested in in the future. You still mention wanting to play the violin once in a while, so maybe this will be the year that we can really start to pour into your musical inclinations. Whatever this year holds, Mason, I am excited and we love you so much!!!

Comments

Kimberly said…
Love this Boy!! Happy Birthday Mason!! What a cool cake!
Bryn said…
Happy Birthday Mason! I love your joy, I love your heart and I love that you brought your mom and I together. God is using you to do amazing things and He will continue to do so. Love, Aunt Bryn
Emily said…
Amazing truth, Leah. Living the victorious life...isn't that what we were made for?! I need to be reminded of that daily!
Happy birthday to Mason! That cake is very cool...did you make it from scratch?? :)
Amy Kovacs said…
Oh Leah. If you could read what I have been reading in my education classes, you would know you are already victorious. You have already given those beautiful boys so much and will continue to do so just by being you and being their wonderful momma. You are AWESOME. Don't you ever forget it.
cassie said…
What a sweet baby boy - in a very fashionable London-bought bib, I may add. :)
I love my nephews and sister (and joe) am very thankful for all of you!!!
:)
Aunt Cassie
Stacy said…
I love the truth in Romans 8:37 proclaiming we are MORE THAN conquerors. The victory has already been won and the lives of those who love Him are proof. Your life is beautiful and victorious, Leah!

Popular Posts