Highs and Lows

We shared highs and lows tonight at dinner, which is such a fun way to hear the boys process their days and to get them to open up about what happened.  Both the Bigs' high was the sports class they went to at the Y while I worked out.  They are falling in love with soccer and gaining some confidence which is fun to see.
Micah's high was taking a bike ride, and he had a quick answer for us when we asked, "Micah, what was your low? What made you sad today?"
"Raisins".
Raisins in the oatmeal.  A sure-fire way to ruin Micah's day right from the start, apparently.
My low? This afternoon one Big came in from outside, crying, to report that his brother had punched him in the face. While I was trying to calm him down enough to get the story out, Micah, who was standing next to us, suddenly held out his hand and wiggled his fingers in between our faces.  They were covered with soft chunky poop.
"I touched my bottom".
Oh yes he did.

Comments

Amy Kovacs said…
Oh my goodness. I have lots of poop stories after 4 months in first grade. At least yours involves a 2-year-old, which is a little more normal.

Popular Posts