I love to be with you

I've been told that you can't help a child too much, that when they feel independent and capable then they will want to accomplish a task on their own and will choose to do so.  And yet... I fear that picture in my mind of the slacker 30-something sitting on my couch waiting for his laundry to be folded...

Yesterday I handed Levi his math sheet and told him I'd be right over to help him with it. He replied, "no, I know how to do this math now, Mom. You don't have to help me. But I do love to be with you."
Oh. My.
So...

33. Levi's sweet comment.
34. Levi's independent math work :) and almost all correct and neatly written, gasp!
35. More good news today about our adoption moving forward. Baby steps!
36. Amazing new Bible Study group of women who I love love love!
37. Wise mentors. Today, specifically, Cheryl, who put me into an already very busy day because she just can't help but pour out of her passions and I need to be poured into!
38. Mason fell in love with the marble maze at Cheryl's. Finally found the useful connection for his marble obsession! And it involves science!
39. Mason is settling (quite literally) into his braces, his teeth are already moving and today he declined Motrin. And ate a real dinner!
40. Today I am just so excited that we are going to get to go back to Ethiopia. It's such an amazing culture and country.
41. Jessica is fundraising for an orphanage there. Love her, love her heart, love that God is going to do something amazing through this. (that should actually count as three on my 10,000 reasons list). Check it out here: fundraiser

Comments

CassieBrown said…
Levi has such a sweet heart - that was such a kindness for him to say that in such a thankful way. Pure love!

Popular Posts